Archive for May 10, 2007
For May, I have re-dedicated myself to my beginning of the year goals. Last week I got my exercise back on track, and ended up cycling 66 miles. This week I already have cycled 45 miles, and I am riding the 62 mile ride for the Skagit Classic on Saturday, so I should easily pass 100 miles this week.
What I want to focus on next is getting back to basic, healthy eating. The last couple of months I have been putting anything I want in my face, and it is starting to show on the scales (and probably the mirror as well- but I’ll stay in denial for that). Here is how I want to focus on eating:
- Eat oatmeal every day – but now give up the sugar oatmeal and start eating the organic healthy stuff (suggestions on how to make it taste good are appreciated).
- No eating 2 hours before bedtime. I have keep this practice faithfully, and it probably has saved me from gaining even more weight the last six weeks.
- Drink half my body weight in ounces (daily) - water of course. Now that I am cycling more, I notice that most of the time I am dehydrated. I want to stop that practice – plus I hear drinking water is good for weight loss.
- Give up sugar and highly processed food. Everyone knows this stuff isn’t good for us, so enough said.
- Eat more natural, organic, and whole foods.
- Eat 6 or more times a day – smaller portions of course. This accomplishes two things – by eating more often I can focus on more realistic portion sizes (a huge problem for me), and eating more often is better for revving your metabolism.
That’s my game plan. I’ll let you know how it goes…